The feet are one of the body parts that are often neglected. It is considered as a vital body part just like the others knowing that without it or any foot problem that it could have may lead to inability to walk. If such thing happens, you will not be able to go to different places. This is why it is a must to always take good care of the feet. It should not suffer from pain particularly caused by corns and calluses.
Corns and calluses are foot problems that can be painful and annoying. It does make the foot or feet hurts and can alter the normal walking routine. To treat such kind of ailment, it is ideal to rely on effective products offered in the market. Although there are many selections to choose from such as callus peels and electric callus remover, it may be recommended to try the best callus remover gels. It works quite fast and can leave the problematic part of the foot softer once again.
The product contained a highly potent ingredient known as Dihydroxy Propylene. The ingredient is categorized as strong acid. Considering that, it is very effective in treating such kind of foot problems.
When using the callus remover gel, proper care needs to be taken. The usual time frame for it to stick is only 3 to 5 minutes. Below is a great method to follow in using the gel.
- For first timers, you need to soak the feet for about 5 to 10 minutes. By doing such can help in softening the heels and calluses’ dead skin.
- If you have sensitive skin, it would be ideal to use gloves.
- Get very thin layer of the gel and apply to all areas with dry skin such as the heels, tip of the toes and the calluses. Pay close attention to the areas that needed the gel the most and make sure to evenly spread the product.
- This part is recommended yet not everyone follows it. This requires you to cover all the areas where you applied the gel. Cover with the use of glad wrap or paper towel.
- Ensure to remove the gel no longer than 5 minutes. It is not advisable to leave it longer than that even though your heels are hard and dry. All you need is to remove the gel then just repeat the process to the hardened parts rather than leaving the gel to the entire foot while the other parts were already softened.
- Ensure that the feet is thoroughly washed so as no product will be left on the skin.
- Dry off.
- Use the buffer to gently rub away the dead skin from the feet.
- Rinse the feet again and apply hydrating oil or cream so that your feet will be moisturized and softened.
Gels vs. Peels
Callus remover gels are recommended for hard to remove and very thick calluses that simply don’t want to go no matter what you do. Hence, this is not made for tiny calluses. This type of treatment is stronger than callus peels. Gel is the stronger option as opposed to peels. Although gels are stronger, it costs cheaper than peels and it can be used for a longer time period.
Gels are not made for sensitive skin because of its strong acid content. The content may lead to further irritation of the foot problem. On the other hand, peels are best used by most skin types. Its process of peeling is little by little. Thus, the chances for irritation to happen are very minimal.
The majority of callus sufferers may find it hard to find the one product that they can stick to whenever they have foot problems. Some may hit the jackpot for using the one that works for them the first time and others do not. Using the wrong kind of treatment may not just lead to irritation but may also result to even more calluses. This is why patience and reading reviews may help prior to buying the first one you see in store. This way, you can get the best out of the product that you will buy.